Call for Abstracts
We invite proposals for 7 minute and 40 minute oral presentations at this Conference.
Please read this Call for Presentations carefully before accessing the Abstract Submission Form.
Abstract Submission Deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2017
Notification Date: Friday, February 17, 2017
April 26 – 28, 2017
Grey Eagle Resort & Casino
3777 Grey Eagle Drive, Calgary, AB T3E 3X8
Celebration70! takes the opportunity to reflect on where our profession has come from and where we are going. Many changes have been encountered through our history and more are coming as trends in demographics and technology impact the professional practice of every health professional.
The conference is set around three streams – with opportunity for delegates to reflect, network and be inspired by the work of those who have gone before us, those among us and those yet to be.
Join us at the Grey Eagle Resort & Casino on the beautiful Tsuut-ina Nation in southwest Calgary as we celebrate the profession’s occasion together.
We expect our presenters to challenge and inspire the delegates showcasing examples of past, present and future work in the LPN profession.
Abstracts for oral presentations are invited from a personal, team, and organizational-focus based on the following areas:
- Theme 1: Those Who Have Gone Before Us
- Research, pilot projects, historical or experiential information that has guided practice within a setting.
- Theme 2: Those Among Us
- Best and current practices that are setting the stage in healthcare education and delivery today.
- Theme 3: Those Yet To Be
- Out of the box ideas, thoughts and practices with focused direction for the future.
Abstracts will be subject to peer review, with members of the organizing committee participating in the review process. The primary author of all abstract submissions will be contacted via email by Friday, February 17, 2017 concerning the results of the review.
Please use the following guide to help structure your abstract (headings are not mandatory):
- Introduction / Objective
- A short description of the initiative, program or idea and what need it addresses.
- Include a detailed outline of how the initiative, program or idea was developed and carried out.
- Provide a summary of the conclusions or key findings. Are there any implications for policy or nursing practice? Next steps?
Abstract Form Submission
Submissions must be completed online, by clicking here or the button above. You will be asked to create a profile before submitting your abstract. Once your profile has been created, you may submit any number of abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the online submission form.
- Please use standard abbreviation. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time.
- Errors, misspellings and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected.
- Minimize the use of charts as this detail is not used to evaluate the merit of your abstract and may not format properly on the online submission form.
- Abstracts must not exceed 350 words (excluding the abstract headings, if used).
- An individual may submit more than one abstract.
- There is no fee to submit an abstract.
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to Tuesday, January 31, 2017 by resubmitting the form.
Presentation at the Conference
- There are several options for oral presentations; you can submit your abstract with options for one or both types. The Conference committee will design concurrent groupings based on concurrent themes and submission types:
- 7 minute Rapid Fire presentation (panel type session with four presenters, Q&A at end)
- 40 minute presentation (grouped with 1 other presenter, includes 5 mins Q&A)
- Presenters who wish to take part in the conference require registration for the days they wish to take part in. Abstract presenters only available to attend the concurrent session for their presentation will be granted a timed conference pass to do so.
By submitting an abstract to the conference, submitters authorize, upon acceptance, permission to reproduce their abstract and/or presentation material in the conference syllabus and on the conference website.
For More Information
2017 CLPNA Conference
c/o BUKSA Strategic Conference Services
Suite 307, 10328 – 81 Ave
Edmonton, AB T6E 1X2
Tel: 780.436.0983 ext. 233